Harbor Homes is pleased to offer Greater Nashua’s only health care clinic dedicated to serving the needs of low-income, homeless and at-risk youth and adults, Harbor Care Health and Wellness Center.
Services are offered in all languages, including English and Spanish.
Care is offered to anyone in need of health care by walk-in or appointment
Hours of Operation at 45 High Street, Nashua:
Monday – Friday
8am to 12pm, 1pm to 5pm
*After hours please call the direct line and an on-call staff member will assist you.
Direct Phone Number: 603-821-7788
The Harbor Care Health and Wellness Center’s Patient Portal is a new way for you to manage your health care needs and participate with health care providers on your own time.
At Harbor Care Health and Wellness Center, primary and preventive health care is offered to youth over 15 years old and adults who fall within one or more of the following categories:
- Low Income
- No Income
- No Insurance
- With private insurance – Harvard and Anthem Blue Cross
- Insured by Medicaid/Medicare
- Homeless or at Risk of Homelessness
- Living with friends or family
- Living in a rooming house
- Living in a hotel or motel
Depending on your family income some patients will be requested to make a co-payment at the time of your appointment for the services you receive. Your ability to pay will not affect the care you receive. Health services will be provided at no charge, or at a reduced charge, to persons unable to pay for services. In addition, persons will be charged for services to the extent that payment will be made by a third party authorized or under legal obligation to pay the charges.
NOTICE TO PATIENTS
This practice serves all patients regardless of inability to pay.
Discounts for essential services are offered depending upon family size and income.
You may apply for a discount at the front desk.
Examples of some of the services provided at Harbor Care Health and Wellness Center include:
- Yearly wellness check-ups
- Screenings and Testing: blood pressure, diabetes/ blood sugar, cholesterol, Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Health education, promotion, and maintenance
- Illness diagnosis and treatment (cold, cough, pain, cuts, falls, etc.)
- Chronic Illness Management (Asthma, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, etc.)
- Mental Health Care (depression, anxiety, mood swings, etc.)
- Medication Management
- Substance Use Disorder Treatment Referral
- Women’s Health (Pap Smears, Mammogram referral, pregnancy testing)
- Referrals to specialty care
The Harbor Care Health and Wellness Center also helps its patients access:
- Benefits such as Social Security Income, Food Stamps/ TANF, Medicaid/ Medicare, Veteran Administration
- Prescriptions/ Medications
- Dental Care
- Drug and Alcohol Treatment
- Mental Health Care
- Emergency and Transitional Housing
- Affordable Housing
- Education and Training
- In-home health care
- HIV/AIDS care and case management
New – Harbor Care Health and Wellness Center’s Second Location Now Open
To better serve our patients, we have opened a second location at 615 Amherst Street, Nashua, NH – located in Keystone Hall. Call 603-821-7788 for hours or to make an appointment.
Hours of operation are on Tuesday and Fridays only from 9am to 12pm.
Harbor Care Health and Wellness Center is supported through federal and state funding, as well as, donations. We are so grateful to our major supporter, the US Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources Services Administration. Special thanks also go to the City of Nashua and the NH Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public Health Services.
Even with the generosity of the above funders, Harbor Homes must raise over $300,000 every year to operate the Harbor Care Center. If you, your company, or your foundation is interested in helping to provide health care to NH community members most in need, visit our Donate page to learn more.
Quick Link Success Stories from the Harbor Care Health and Wellness Center: