var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-35672408-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();
 
 
           
 
(603) 882-3616

Architect rendering

The Plymouth NH Veterans Housing project is a planned Permanent Supportive Housing development of 25 one-bedroom apartments for homeless veterans, and five two-bedroom apartments for low-income families on Boulder Point Drive in Plymouth, NH.

When completed, the 29,000-square-foot apartment building will not only offer affordable, permanent supportive housing for in-need veterans, but staff from Harbor Homes and White River Junction VA Medical Center will also provide essential supportive services and case management on-site.

The project, developed and managed by Harbor Homes, is expected to cost approximately $7 million.  Construction will begin in April 2018 with completion scheduled for early spring 2019.

How You Can Help

Financing of this $7 million project will come from a mix of public and private organizations.

As a way to maximize community support, the NH Community Development Finance Authority awarded Harbor Homes $700,000 to be used for a state tax-credit fundraising campaign.  Businesses wishing to participate may contribute to the project and receive state tax credits for 75% of their donation.  The remaining 25% may be deducted as a charitable contribution.

Veterans FIRST

Closing on the property for the Veterans FIRST facility in Plymouth, NH. From left to Right: Peter Bennett Esq.;Peter Kelleher, Partnership for Successful Living President and CEO; J. Bradford Wesgate Esq.; Rob Dapice, NH Housing Finance Authority;John Deachman Esq.; and Brian Ray Esq.

To serve NH’s many low-income and homeless veterans, Harbor Homes developed the Veterans FIRST Program.

Using the “Housing First” model of care, Veterans FIRST programming ensures veterans have solid footing–a safe and secure home–and the tools they need to acquire education, training, employment, and healthcare.

In all, Harbor Homes provides more than 110 units of transitional and permanent housing for veterans, with built-in supportive services and case management. The Plymouth, NH project will be the seventh addition to the Veterans FIRST family of facilities, and add 30 units of permanent supportive housing. Currently, projects exist in Nashua, Manchester and Claremont.

In addition to these housing programs, Harbor Homes annually provides financial assistance and supportive services to 300 veteran households throughout NH who are homeless or in immediate danger of losing their homes.

Current Housing Projects  

The Plymouth, NH Veterans Housing project will be the seventh Veterans FIRST housing facility developed in New Hampshire by Harbor Homes, and its very first in North Country.

These projects include

  • transitional housing in Nashua and Manchester
  • permanent housing in Nashua, Manchester, Claremont,  and (soon) Plymouth
  • emergency housing in Nashua – short-term housing for those who require treatment before moving into transitional or permanent housing

Impact

Through the Veterans FIRST program and the generosity of our communities, we achieved an effective end to veteran homelessness in the Greater Nashua in  2017. We have also seen great reductions in homelessness in other regions served, with Harbor Homes playing a lead role in helping NH also achieve this monumental feat statewide. The Plymouth, NH project is the next step in ending veteran homelessness across the state.

Beyond these successes, we are proud that our Veterans FIRST housing projects have stimulated growth within communities by creating:

  • Construction jobs for the new development
  • Ongoing services for the building and the individual units
  • Increased demand for local retail stores and restaurants
  • An employable workforce for local businesses

The Project

History

Plans for the Plymouth, NH Veterans Housing project were developed many years ago by a group of local, concerned Plymouth residents who envisioned providing permanent homes for the many homeless veterans in their region and throughout the state, locally. The vast majority of homeless veteran housing in our state is located south of Concord, NH. Veterans from the Plymouth region and other parts of NH often relocate to Nashua and Manchester to access transitional and permanent supportive housing; leaving behind their prior life. Determined to provide a local option that enabled veterans to gain access to the same services and supports provided in southern NH, these local Plymouth, NH citizens championed on.

After much trial and error, this group contacted Harbor Homes and asked if we could bring their dream to fruition. There was a quick deadline to achieve the majority of funding, which Harbor Homes accomplished, thanks to the help of many partners and friends, including US Department of Housing and Urban Development, US Department of Veteran Affairs, NH Housing Finance Authority, Enterprise Bank, Community Development Finance Authority, Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston, Home Depot Foundation, Meredith Village Savings Bank Foundation, Northern Borders Regional Commission, Northern New England Housing Investment Fund, Common Man Restaurants, local NH companies that have already purchased tax credits, and many private donations from local Plymouth region citizens.

Location

The project will be developed on a 12-acre subdivision on Boulder Point Drive in Plymouth, NH.  The land is peaceful and serene, with incredible views; yet still very convenient to shopping, transportation, dining, jobs, and health care.

Project Details

  • New Construction – 29,000 square feet on a 12 acre subdivision
  • 25 one-bedroom apartments for homeless veterans
  • 5 two-bedroom apartments for veterans or non-veteran families who earn incomes of 60% of the Area Median Income level
  • Space for supportive services and community space for residents

Budget

  • Projected Cost of Project – $7 million 

Tax Credit Program

The Plymouth, NH Veterans Housing project will provide much-needed permanent supportive housing to deserving, low-income homeless veterans within the Plymouth community.

To help generate financial support from local businesses and individuals, the NH Community Development Finance Authority awarded Harbor Homes $700,000 for a tax credit fundraising campaign.

How it Works

Under this program, businesses wishing to make a donation can receive state tax credits equal to 75% of their donation. The remaining 25% of the donation may still be used as a charitable giving deduction, and the donation may be eligible for treatment as a state and federal charitable contribution. In most cases, businesses pay only about 11 cents on the dollar for their contribution, leveraging the value of a donation exponentially.

The tax credits can be applied to future state tax returns, and may be carried forward for up to five years. The company can select which business tax and how much of their credit to apply towards their taxes in any given year.

Applicable taxes include New Hampshire’s business profits tax (BPT), business enterprise tax (BET), and/or the insurance premium tax (IPT).

The Tax Credit Program will run until June 30, 2018. Please know that tax credits will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.  When we sell the full $700,000, the campaign will end.

While your company may donate any amount you wish, below is a breakdown of the tax credits available for suggested donation levels.

Donation                               Tax Credits

$100,000                             $75,000
$50,000                                $37,500
$25,000                                $18,750
$10,000                                $7,500
$5,000                                   $3,750
$1,000                                   $750

More details on this opportunity can be found at http://nhcdfa.org/tax-credits/for-businesses . We can also connect your accountant or finance officer to speak directly with the NH Community Development Finance Authority’s staff to determine what level of tax credits you may be eligible to purchase, based on your company’s unique financial needs.

Promotional Sponsorships Available

To recognize the generosity of our donors, Harbor Homes has established a package of sponsorship benefits.

These recognitions will provide donors with a lifetime connection to the project. Of course, donors are always free to decline the recognition.

Join us

If you would like to be part of this campaign, please contact Mark Stokes, Director Annual Giving Partnership for Successful Living at 603-882-3616 ext 3206, or by email at m.stokes@nhpartnership.org.

Donate Get Help Volunteer

CONNECT WITH US


       





CONTACT INFORMATION


Harbor Homes
45 High Street, Nashua, NH 03060
(603) 882-3616
hope@harborhomes.org

 
 
 
    © Copyright 2012 Partnership for Successful Living. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy | Site by Graphic Details